- ARRIVAL. You are to come to the seminary on June 4, 2013 not later than 5PM. We advise that you arrive earlier anytime in the afternoon so that you can ask your parents or companions to help you prepare your bed and locker and you may also check and buy some other things that you may miss to bring. At 5PM your family and companions should leave the seminary and of course you will stay in the seminary and can no longer go outside.
- THINGS TO BRING. Please see below this website to check the things to bring. For your mattress, you are to buy it from the seminary. In most cases, parents buy the wrong size so we ask them to buy from the seminary. The best mattress is bought for you.
- GADGETS. Any gadgets (cellphones, mp3′s, computers) are not allowed even small radio’s. The only important thing you are to keep is your money.
- SCHEDULE. The first week in the seminary is preparation for the new school year, there would be no academic school yet. Presentation of guidelines, getting acquainted with the old seminarians and teachers, outing and other important activities are held. Please click here to see the schedule. The red color schedule is for the high school and the black is for everybody. The following week would be the start of classes. For the parents, your are required to attend the General Assembly on June 9 at 10am. At 2pm on the same day (ie Sunday) is the Mass of the Holy Spirit. The celebration will be presided by Bp Sofronio Bancud, the bishop of the diocese of Cabanatuan. It commences officially the seminary year 2013-2014.
- VISITATION. The official days of visit of the seminarians are Wednesday, Friday and & Saturday at 4-5pm and Sunday from 10am – 5pm. This is subject to change by the seminary formators. Parents, any visitors are not allowed to come to the seminary except for the mentioned schedule of visitation.
- HOME-LEAVE’S. Seminarians are allowed to go weekend and stay with their parents twice a month usually at the middle and end of the month from Friday PM-Sunday PM. You have your home-leaves every week for the first two months of the school year. By August, you will go home every other month.
- PERMISSIONS. Parents may ask permissions to visit or ask their sons to go home only from the rector (Fr. Sid) and the director of the High School Department (Fr. Jetts)
- ATTIRE. Proper attire is strictly observed in the seminary. During the first week, the seminarians would only wear the uniform (black & white) during celebration of holy masses or as instructed by the formators. Shorts are not allowed except during sports and cleaning time. Casual wear means tshirt and long pants. Rubber slippers is only allowed in the dormitory and cleaning time. You are to wear the leather or synthetic sandals for your casual wear. Casual wear is the usual attire of the seminarians for the meetings, prayers, meal time and going outside the dormitory. Decent haircut proper to seminary is also sought.
- CLOTHES and SUPPLIES. Bring clothes and supplies that are sufficient enough at least for the whole week. Parents and visitors can also get the laundry or bring clean clothes on visiting time.
- FOOD. Bringing your own is not allowed. Meriendas and Meals are all prepared by the seminary. If you have special diets, please let your directors know.
- ALLOWANCE. We only ask the high school seminarians to have the money enough for their travel and food when they go home. Canteen in the seminary is still closed. At the onset of the school year some books are required like the prayer book, songbook, guidelines, etc. These books can be paid by our parents at the accounting office.
- PERSONAL BELONGINGS. Please take care of your personal belongings. The seminary is not accountable for your lost belongings even money. Expensive things and accessories are not allowed.
- SCHOOL MATERIALS. The high school seminary follows the modified DLA System of the diocese. Instead of notebook, seminarians are to buy these DLA sheets. Just bring basic school materials like pen, pad papers, at least 2 notebooks. Teachers will instruct the students the exact things they will need. Please coordinate with the teachers regarding school needs. They will be here at the first week.
- HOMESICKNESS. We have the common problem of homesickness for the newcomers. For the parents, please prepare your sons to learn to stay without you. Seminary is now your home. At the first two months you will go home (homeleave friday to sunday) by the way. We understand the difficulty of being separated from your parents. You parents may visit you from time to time but ask the Fr. Director. The following are your seminary formators:
Fr. Sid Puyat- Rector
Fr. Jetts Jetajobe – High School Director
Fr. Dan Embuscado – High School Spiritual Director
Some other priests are also in the seminary:
Most Rev. Sofronio Bancud – our bishop
Fr. Joey Alto – College Director
Fr. Jeff Alarilla – SD, College and Pre-College director
Fr. Sed Calderon – Secretary to the bishop
Some tips for start of Seminary life :
*Know the schedule and the proper attire
*Always greet your brothers, teachers, priests and the elders. Be respectful.
* If you are not sure, ask first from the proper authority
*Always be at the community, you cannot go alone by yourself, you have to be with the community especially on all activities even meal times
*If some things are not right (your classmates are from different places), just inform your Fr. Director. Do not imitate the bad guys.
* Sunday masses is a must
* Be diligent in your studies.
Seminary life is a different experience. Almost everybody who went here enjoyed their seminary life. Just earn friends, follow the rules and be good. Listen also to your parents. Most importantly, pray. God bless!
Just call/text us for any other questions:
0933 585 9422/463-0132